Disambiguation : Skill/Spell
I'm in the process of changing all the active skills to spell to avoid the confusion with passive skill, but should we use abilities to refer to passive skill instead, or never use the word skill? Ibete (talk) 10:44, 7 July 2014 (UTC)
- During character creation if you go to the "Abilities" panel, open the "Skills" section and mouse hover every line, you'll see that the game considers Aero, Geo, Hydro, Pyro and Witch items as "spells" (all of them), while Marksman, M@A and Scoundrel are referred as "skills". If we want to be perfectly consistent with the game, this is probably the way to go. I don't like that though. I'd prefer a category that contains all skills, whatever their ability.
- Would you please explain me what you call "passive skill"? Are we talking about stances or status effects like fortified? Chriskang (talk) 12:13, 7 July 2014 (UTC)
- M@A, scoundrel, etc. are under the "Skills" section in the Abilities tab. But yeah, switching all actives skills to spells isn't a good idea. You need a skillbook to learn a new skill or spell, and all tooltips have a "Skill level : X" even if classified as a "spell". So Skill it is.
- But how should we call the Skill/Abilities to avoid confusion? Just Abilities? That doesn't sound that great, and is a bit broad. I wish Larian was more careful about their wording, like GGG. :( Ibete (talk) 14:19, 7 July 2014 (UTC)
- Pyrokinetic is an ability, located in the "skill" section of the abilities panel. I don't really see a problem with that. Chriskang (talk) 22:52, 7 July 2014 (UTC)
- I think abilities makes sense, I doubt people would be confused even if it's not 100% the same. Bpfz (talk) 23:29, 7 July 2014 (UTC)
- I'm with Chriskang. Problem with "Abilities" is that there's already something called that (e.g. Blacksmithing). M@A would be an Ability under the Skill **heading**, but not a Skill itself. I would stick with Skills as the term for this page. --Evil4Zerggin (talk) 04:09, 8 July 2014 (UTC)
- Aye totally missed that, you're correct of course. Bpfz (talk) 11:40, 8 July 2014 (UTC)
Can we put some kind of link to this page from every indivual skill's page? Actually, (talk) 23:25, 21 July 2014 (UTC)